Saturday, July 5, 2008

FIREWORKS

Thanks to all who read and commented on my last post. I will be doing some follow up comments but I hope it has promoted some good thought and discussion amongst your households.

On to a far less serious topic: FIREWORKS are way cool. It had been 6 years since I had actually gone to a fireworks display due to kids, life etc. I have seen some off and on and on TV, but to actually plan on going, finding a good seat etc. it had been a while.

Woo town (aka Wooster, OH) has a pretty kickin fireworks display so this year we decided to take the kids and go. We went around five down the soccer fields and went over to our churches bouncy castles and free hot dog/pop/water outreach area and let the girls play and we all enjoyed a free hotdog and beverage. Then we walked over to visit with the grandparents and Sarah's sister and her family. I grabbed some killer ribs and then we got some homemade ice cream (I'm not a big fan) and let the girls play a little more before going to stake out our seats. Now we normally put the girls to be at 7:30 and the fireworks weren't supposed till 10:00 so this was a little out of the norm for us.

One of Sarah's good friends from High School and his family joined us and we picked a prime hill off the walking path close to Highland on the Hill and WOW. When they finally started, it was an awesome display. They looked like they were exploding right down on us. It was great. Quellie (aka Raquel) our youngest was not too amused though and while she didn't cry, she spent most of the time with her hood pulled down over her face with Mom covering her face while sneaking occasional peaks. My oldest spent the time on my lap, constanly peppering me with all sorts of questions. It's like someone puts a quarter into this kid to wind her up. She just doesn't stop.

We had a great time and can't wait till next year.

No comments: